Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Julian the Killer Part II by Julian Colwell

  I woke with a jolt as I heard the piercing scream coming from downstairs. I noticed that my wife Scarlet was not beside me & immediately went to action.
  I grabbed my shotgun from the closet & ran down the stairs.
  It…it was horrible…
   My wife’s stomach had been sliced open & her limbs hacked off. The worst was her face. Her eyes had been ripped out of their sockets, & a smile had been carved into her face.
   I fell to my knees as tears rolled down my face.
   “S…Scarlet…my…my Scarlet…”
   “She was a slippery one. But I got her.”
   I spun around to see a boy, probably 13 or 14. He had shaggy dark brown hair & a grotesque smile carved into his face, which appeared to have been stitched up. I pointed my shotgun at him & pulled the trigger.
  Clink!
  The boy laughed. He held up two bullets. “Lot of good you’re going to do without these,” he chuckled.
  He threw them behind them. “How does it feel? Seeing the one you love in such a wretched state…Not good I imagine.”
  “You…YOU BASTARD!”
  I threw a punch, but missed. He pulled out a hatchet & dug it into my spine. I let out a shriek. He let out laughter. “You truly are pathetic. I feel sorry for you. I think I’ll let you live.”
  He grinned & walked to the back door, but stopped. “You know, she would’ve died any way. She was going to commit suicide.”
  “W-what?”
  “She found out about the affair.  I was really doing her a favor. She died with some honor.”
  “H-how?”
  “I know many things. When the police come, you can tell them that Julian the Killer did this. Not that It’ll do you any good.”
   He laughed as he departed. When the police came, I told them what happened. Apparently I wasn’t the first. He & a girl named Kate had been slicing people up all over the country. Yet nobody had been able to catch them.

   The neighbors gave me their condolences & left small gifts. Thanks to him, I’m now paralyzed from the waist down. Yet, still. I can’t help wonder who was the villain. Me…or Julian.

No comments:

Post a Comment